Meal Plan Options for Fall 2014
Dining options on the Jamestown Campus are available from the Campus Café in the Hamilton Collegiate Center. Meal offerings include made to order breakfast and lunch selections as well as grab and go items. A daily hot meal is featured along with full deli and grill options, salads, pizza, desserts and a variety of drink choices. Meal plans as well as declining balance programs are available to JCC students.
*North County Center and Cattaraugus County students: Please go to your FSA campus bookstore for information on what meal plans are available to you. Your options will vary from what’s offered on the Jamestown Campus.
|Meal Plans for Residence Life and Commuter Students|
|Plan 1||Plan 2|
|10 meals per week (2 meals per day)||5 meals per week (1 meal per day)|
|$200 in points||$100 in points|
|Includes (5) feed-a-friend meals||Includes (3) feed-a-friend meals|
|Point Meal Plans for Commuter Students|
|Plan 3||Plan 4||Plan 5|
All meal plans begin Monday, August 25, 2014 and conclude Thursday, December 18, 2014.
Breakfast on Plan 1 or 2
Choice of 1 hot entree:
- Breakfast sandwich, 2 eggs, omelets, French toast, or pancakes with choice of bacon, sausage, or ham
- Hash browns
- Choice of toast, english muffin, or small bagel
- Fruit salad
- Hot or cold cereal
Choice of 1 beverage:
- Coffee, hot tea, milk, or orange juice (*no refills, bottled beverages are not included)
Lunch and Dinner on Plan 1 or 2
Choice of 1 entree:
- Hot special of the day (eg. spaghetti, hot turkey sandwich with gravy) (*includes 20 oz fountain drink but no more sides, as they are included in the special)
- 1 piece of pizza, chicken tenders, burger, sandwich, sub, wrap, large salad, chicken salad, or chef salad with 2 of the following:
- Small salad, fruit salad, cottage cheese, mac-n-cheese, pasta salad, baked potato, potato salad, rice, vegetables, Mighty Snacks, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, french fries, chips, yogurt (*curly fries, cheese stix, and onion petals are not included - you must use points for those items)
Choice of 1 beverage:
- 20 oz fountain drink, coffee, or milk (*no refills, bottled beverages are not included)
- If you do not wish to purchase a whole meal on your plan, you can use your points. 1 point = $1.00.
- If you’re using your points to feed a friend, let the cashier know BEFORE you are rung up.
- Energy drinks and bottled sodas are excluded from meal plans 1 and 2, but may be deducted from your accumulated points.
- Entrees, desserts, and sides are subject to change according to availability.
- Unused points for meal plans 1 and 2 from the end of the fall 2014 semester can be rolled over into the spring 2015 semester ONLY. Unused points for plans 3, 4, and 5 CANNOT be rolled over into spring 2015. Rollover points cannot be used to reduce the cost of your meal plan.
- Meal plans are per semester, tax exempt, and for students only. Please call the FSA at 726.338.1185 to enroll.
2014-2015 Academic Year Terms and Conditions Regarding Meal Plans
Terms and Conditions*
- To remain tax exempt, the following conditions are required:
Meal plans and ID cards are non-transferable and are issued for the SOLE use of the student to whom they are issued.
Food and beverages cannot be purchased for another person’s consumption. Point transactions are limited to $25 per day.
The quantity of any one item that may be purchased at any one time is limited to $25 per day.
No refunds can be provided unless a student officially withdraws from Jamestown Community College.
- A meal plan contract is for the semester. Plan cancellations or reductions can be made any time before the start of the semester and during business hours of the first five days of classes. After the fifth class day, only additions and increases are permitted.
- In order to receive a rollover from the fall semester, you must have an appropriate meal plan for the spring semester (either plan 1 or plan 2). Unspent points may not be used to offset the cost of your spring meal plan. Unspent points at the end of the spring semester cannot be rolled over to the fall semester. No rolled over points will be refunded.
- China, glasses, trays, silverware, or other dining service property must remain in the food service facilities.
- Sick tray cards are provided through your resident director.
- FSA and Lessings Food Service are able to meet the requirements for most medically prescribed diets. Students requiring such service should submit a physician’s letter with detailed information to the FSA Office, Hamilton Collegiate Center (COCE).
- Students and their parents or legal guardians may receive information concerning your meal plans by contacting the FSA Office during regular business hours.
- Points make up the declining balance portion of the meal plan. One point is equal to one dollar.
- Meals from the 10 or 5 meal plans cannot be accumulated to carry over to the following week. They must be used in a one-week period starting Monday breakfast ending with Friday lunch.
- In case of a refund, FSA will prorate meal plan usage and determine the remaining balance less a $25 service charge.
- Feed-a-Friend complimentary meals are added to meal plans 1 and 2. You may use these to feed a friend, relative, or guest. You must present your JCC Student ID card to the cashier on duty. These meals can be used only in the Campus Café during normal serving hours M-Th 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. and Fridays 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Hours are subject to change.
- The cafeteria will be closed for the following college holidays where no meal plans and points can be used: September 1, October 13, November 26-28.
- It is the responsibility of the card holder to report any lost or stolen ID card to the FSA Office to prevent others from using your account. You may report an ID card lost or stolen in any one of the following ways:
**In person at the FSA office located in the COCE building during normal business hours which are: M-F 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
After normal business hours and on weekends, lost cards may be reported to the residence director.
**Replacement cards are available at the FSA office at a replacement fee of $50.
- Any meal plan additions, changes, or cancellations MUST be made by completing a new enrollment card and returning it to the FSA Office in the COCE building. Contact the FSA Office at the number listed above with any questions. Any changes, additions, or cancellations must comply with college policy.
- Meal plans may be suspended based on notification to FSA from the college business or financial aid office. Students must contact offices in regard to suspended meal plans.
*FSA reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions, as it deems appropriate.
Meal Plan Enrollment
To enroll in a meal plan, please fill out a meal plan enrollment application and return to FSA, 525 Falconer St., Jamestown, NY 14701
Any questions or additional information contact the Faculty Student Association Office at: 716.338.1185 or 716.338.1184 (phone) / 716.338.1460 (fax)