Phi Theta Kappa - Alpha Kappa Beta Chapter
Phi Theta Kappa seeks to recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service, and fellowship programming.
Location: HULT 267
Time: First and third Monday of each month, noon-1 p.m.
What We Do
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
- JCC's Got Talent
- Blue Star Mothers collection for veterans overseas
- Camp Onyahsa Cleanup
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society guarantees you access to benefits that will recognize your outstanding academic accomplishments and provide you with the competitive edge that helps ensure future success. These benefits are unmatched by any other collegiate honor society.
To be eligible for membership:
- You must have completed at least 12 hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students may be eligible).
- You must generally have a grade point average of 3.5.
- You must receive an invitation to membership from the chapter.
- You must adhere to the moral standards of the society.