Why choose SUNY JCC for Physical Education Studies?
A Physical Education Studies degree from SUNY Jamestown Community College puts you in position to pursue countless careers and professions in physical education, athletics, and sports. While coaching and teaching physical education are popular fields for students in our program, other opportunities include sports promotion and marketing, athletic training, officiating, psychology, exercise nutrition, facilities management, athletic administration, and more. Choose a career path in physical education that fits your goals and unique talents.
Our Physical Education Studies degree gives you the knowledge, physical skills, theory, and educational experiences to transfer to an accredited bachelor’s program in physical education, health studies, exercise science, athletic training, sports management, coaching, recreation, and related fields. JCC has many transfer agreements with regional SUNY, public, and private four-year universities and colleges. Many of our graduates save money on college by starting at JCC and continuing their education at these schools.
What can you do with a Physical Education Studies degree from JCC?
|Physical Education Transfer & Career Options|
JCC Physical Education Studies internship opportunities
- Sports information director
- Facility management
- Camp/outdoor leadership
- Sport media/communications
Physical Education Studies program highlights
- Graduates are prepared to pursue a bachelor’s degree in physical education teaching, athletic training, sports management, adaptive physical education, coaching, exercise science, sports medicine, health education, and more.
- The combination of physical education studies coursework and focus on liberal arts and professionalism gives graduates a well-rounded education.
- Many physical education teaching, athletic, and sports internships and job shadow opportunities are available to first- and second-year students each semester.
- JCC’s many transfer agreements with regional colleges and universities provide students options to continue their education in any number of physical education studies fields.
Physical Education Studies program overview
The program focuses on courses in the liberal arts and physical education theory and activity with an emphasis on health awareness, sportsmanship, and professionalism. Students will graduate from the program with a specific knowledge base and experiences in the areas of movement, sport/athletics, recreation, and the life sciences. Individual and dual sports, fitness and conditioning, team sports, recreation, and health are among the areas that will be studied.