Information Technology (Certificate)
This certificate program provides the student with strong computer user skills and an understanding of fundamental IT concepts. Students who complete the IT certificate are ready for job responsibilities in areas of information processing and IT support such as help desk assistant, information processing support specialist, or in computer sales. This certificate also affords the student with a good foundation for further academic work in a wide range of computer-related degree programs.
This program may be completed online.
Not quite what you were looking for? Check out our associate's degree in information technology.
Minimum program credit hours: 31
- Degree Option
- Hegis Code
- Curriculum Code
Chosen course(s) must be at the ENG 1510 level or higher.
|Social Science Electives
|Liberal Arts and Science Electives
|CSC 1530: Web Publishing||3|
|CSC 1560: Microcomputer Applications I||4|
|CSC 1570: Programming Concepts/Applications||3|
|CSC 1580: Microcomputer Hardware & Systems Software||3|
|BUS 1500: Introduction to Business||3|
CSC courses not to include CSC 1510.
- Mathematics courses are selected based on a student's background. Note that CSC 1590 and CSC 1760 have a corequisite of MAT 1530 or MAT 1590.
- Due to course prerequisites, it may take more than one year to complete this certificate program.
- Some upper level computer science courses are only offered online.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic syntax of a programming language so that they will be able to use that language to solve a programming problem.
- Install and configure a small LAN.
- Solve a basic business problem using an office software package.
Our courses and programs are designed to give you a strong foundation in your area of study. But we know that for many of you, your time at JCC is just the first step in your educational journey. And when it's time for you to take your next step, that strong foundation, coupled with the wide variety of transfer agreements we maintain with several top colleges and universities, will help make your transfer process as smooth as possible. Learn More
It is important when planning your transfer to talk with your advisor about the specifics of each four-year college or university.