Upon completing this degree, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of young children’s characteristics and needs, and of the multiple interacting influences on children’s development and learning, by creating appropriate learning environments.
- Analyze, understand, and recognize the value, importance, and complex nature of children’s families and communities.
- Apply knowledge of developmentally appropriate assessment to the development of measurable goals, objectives, and evaluation procedures for young children.
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship between children and families and how early care and education can support family structures.
- Design developmentally effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Conduct themselves as professional members of the early care and education community, including the use of ethical guidelines.