What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan allows you to borrow materials not already owned by your campus library from other libraries throughout the world. To request materials from Interlibrary Loan, click on the link above or fill out an ILL form available at the Circulation Desk or the Reference Desk.
Frequently Asked Questions about ILL:
- How long does it take to get a book through Interlibrary Loan? The amount of time it takes to receive a book depends on how close the lending library is. It may take as little as 24 hours or up to 14 business days to receive an item via Interlibrary Loan, so plan ahead!
- Who can use this service? Any library user! This service is perfect for faculty or staff members who want to test out materials before using them in class, and ILL is also a great way to find articles in magazines, journals and newspapers.
- Is ILL just for school material? While ILL is great for finding class-related books or articles, it is also a perfect way to find any item that is not in the JCC Libraries’ collections. Just be aware that new books and bestsellers tend to take a while to find due to popular demand.
- Can I get an item from Olean delivered to Jamestown? Or vice versa? Absolutely! Fill out an ILL Request form in the same way you would for a regular loan, but make sure to indicate which campus you are requesting the material from. These loans are faster than regular ILL.
- Can Dunkirk students, staff and faculty use ILL? Yes! The process is a little different, so contact us and we will be glad to help you find what you’re looking for. This includes loans from other campus libraries, as well as regular ILL.
- I have more questions about ILL. Who can I contact? You may ask for more information at the Circulation Desk of either campus library, or contact us directly by phone or e-mail .
Questions regarding interlibrary loan can be directed to:
- In Jamestown/Dunkirk/Warren - 716.338.1257
- In Cattaraugus County - 716.376.7517