You may be exempt if:
- You have a degree from an accredited college or university (associate's, bachelor's, master's, etc).
- You have transfer or advanced placement credit for English 1530 and transfer mathematics credit. If a student has credit for ENG 1530 OR mathematics he/she must still take the other portion of the placement test.
- Students who provide written documentation from their high school that they placed in the top 10% of their class are exempt from the reading and writing portion of the placement test. Top 10% students still need to take the math portion of the placement test unless they have met at least one of the conditions needed for a math placement test waiver.
- You may waive JUST the math portion if you are currently enrolled in or have passed either Precalculus or Calculus - NOTE: student will still need the reading and writing portion of the placement test.
- You are auditing a course.
If you have a score between a 70-79 on the Accuplacer reading placement test, you may be eligible to use a reading waiver for the reading requirement if you have met one of the following additional criteria:
- Documentation of SAT reading score 500+ within the last 3 years of starting semester
- Documentation of ACT reading score 21+ within the last 3 years of starting semester
- For NYS students, documentation of Global Regents 85% + within the last 2 years of starting semester
You must provide proof of one of the above criteria to the placement test coordinator on appropriate campus to meet the reading waiver.