When the weather changes (for the worse), the treadmills at JCC Total Fitness are a great option for maintaining your fitness.
- Spend a few minutes getting used to the machine. Change speeds, while keeping track of where you are on the belt.
- Always know where the emergency-off button is to stop the belt.
- Start with an easy walk (about 3 mph) for one to three minutes.
- Gradually pick up the pace for another one to three minutes.
- Then increase to a run.
- If you struggle to keep up, slow the belt down.
Want even more health tips? Then check out our archive .