The weather is still good for your outside walks and runs, but soon you’ll want to hit the new JCC Total Fitness treads. When you do, here’s some advice to make your work-out as efficient as possible:
- Let go: Holding on to the tread handrails can cause excessive rotation in the lower body.
- Look straight ahead: The tendency is to look down at the tread display, or sideways at a TV.
- Keep your toes under your nose: Don’t over-stride!
- Watch your stance: As your feet strike the tread, the inside edge of each shoe should approach the centerline of your body but not cross.
- Swing arms front to back: Keep your hands in line with your lower rib-cage…don’t swing them across your body.
Want even more health tips? Then check out our archive .