About the Program
Join the JCC Environmental Science group on Facebook
JCC’s Associate in Science degree in environmental science:
- Provides critical foundations for well-trained environmental scientists and citizen scientists to address the urgent and growing environmental challenges of the 21st century and beyond.
- Prepares students to comprehend and critically evaluate contemporary environmental problems at the intersection of nature, human institutions, and scientific study.
- Provides the interdisciplinary explorations and scientific tools and technologies essential for addressing the emerging environmental challenges and opportunities of today’s world.
- Engages students in exploring the ethical dimensions of decisions and actions associated with being responsible local and global citizens, and in understanding that a more sustainable world will nurture healthier ecosystems, vibrant human communities, and stronger economies.
- Prepares students for transfer into numerous four-year college and university baccalaureate programs such as environmental science, environmental biology, natural resource management, conservation science, forest ecosystem science, fisheries and wildlife biology, natural history, ecology, ethnobotany, soil science, sustainable agriculture, and related fields.
- Helps meet the academic and professional needs of students seeking careers related to environmental science and other disciplines related to the environmental health of the planet.