JCC LIBRARIES’ MISSION STATEMENT
The JCC Libraries are committed to supporting the mission of Jamestown Community College as a student-centered institution which embraces academic excellence and meets the learning needs of the college and greater community. As a full partner in the teaching/ learning process of the college community, the libraries work with students, faculty, and the community to develop critical thinking and lifelong learning skills.
In support of this mission, the libraries will
- Acquire, produce, organize, and provide access to a collection of high-quality resources which address the information needs of the college.
- Provide instruction and services to students, faculty, staff and the greater community in the effective use of learning resources.
- Seek and maintain partnerships that increase access to information, cultivate support for library collections and services, and strengthen the greater community.
- Provide an easily accessible, user-friendly, and safe environment that fosters teaching and learning for both library users and library employees.
- Contribute to the intellectual, cultural, and recreational pursuits of the College beyond the classroom.
- Evaluate on a continuing basis all library services and activities.