Hultquist Library - 716.338.1008
Cattaraugus County Campus Library - 716.376.7517
All patrons are required to present a valid library card in order to check out library materials.
- All library materials must be properly checked out. The prompt and safe return of loaned materials is the personal responsibility of the individual in whose name it is loaned.
- Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy to remind borrowers that an item should be renewed or returned, but failure to receive a notice does not absolve the borrower of the responsibility to renew or return the item to the library in a timely manner.
- The borrower is responsible for notifying the library immediately if library material is damaged, missing, or lost.
- Please be aware that address corrections made through the Business Office or Registrars Office are not changed in the library circulation system.
The library card for current JCC students, faculty and staff is the JCC student ID card. Individuals not affiliated with the college may obtain a courtesy library card if they are residents of the college's service area and over 18 years of age. If you have questions about obtaining a library card call the Hultquist Library's Circulation Desk (716.338.1008 or 716.338.1728) or the Cattaraugus County Campus Library’s Circulation Desk (716. 376.7517)
Library materials designated as circulating can be borrowed from the Circulation Desk at either campus library. Library patrons must present a valid library card in order to check out all library materials, including in-library-use items.
During normal library hours, library materials should be returned directly to the Circulation Desk. On the Jamestown Campus, when the Hultquist Library is closed, patrons may return materials in one of the two book return slots located at each of the main entrances to the Hultquist Library building.
Library books can be renewed during regular hours in person at the Circulation Desk at your campus library or over the phone.
Readings placed on reserve by course instructors for short term loan (2 hours in library, 24 hours or several days depending on the material) can be borrowed at the Circulation Desk at either campus library. Reserve materials must be returned to the Circulation Desk on time in order to avoid late fines. In some cases, reserve materials are also made available online as part of the JCC Libraries’ Course Readings pages.
Fines & Overdues
JCC students and courtesy card holders will be fined for items returned late.
As a courtesy to our users, overdue notices will be sent:
- 7 calendar days after due date: First Overdue Notice
- 14 calendar days after due date: Second Overdue Notice
Patrons who have lost or not returned library materials will be charged for their replacement. Bills are issued 30 calendar days after the due date. A $25.00 per item processing fee is charged in addition to the replacement price of the item(s) and any overdue fines if applicable. Replacement charges may be canceled if lost items are returned, however late fines will still be charged. Students with materials 30 calendar days overdue will be placed on financial hold with the Business and Registrar's office.