- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Background investigation, credit check, and drug test required.
- You must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must meet half-time student enrollment requirements.
- You must submit a transcript or proof of enrollment with your application.
Additional qualifications required:
GS-02: To be eligible at the GS-2 level, you must have: at least three (3) months of general experience; OR graduated from high school or equivalent. General experience is defined as progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates the ability to perform the duties of a student trainee (clerical). Examples of general experience include: answering an office telephone and referring calls to appropriate staff; filing material in alphabetical, numerical or chronological order; operating a copying machine; collating and stapling materials.
All academic degrees and coursework must be completed at an institution that has obtained accreditation or pre-accreditation status from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see www.ed.gov.
If selected, you will provide general office support to one or more professional, program, or technical staff members in the United States Attorney’s Office. You will receive formal and/or on-the-job training as needed. Duties include:
- Answering telephones and referring callers to staff members or taking messages as appropriate;
- Operating a copy machine;
- Collating and stapling materials;
- Sorting and arranging material for filing in alphabetical, numerical, or chronological order;
- Locating and retrieving materials;
- Stocking forms and other office supplies; and
- Making recurring and special messenger trips as necessary.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
This position will require you to work no less than 16 hours per week and no more than 20 hours per week throughout the year. If school schedule permits and funds are available, you will be required to work full time during recess periods and summer.
To apply for this internship, please contact the Office of Experiential Learning at 716.338.1381 or use this contact form.