John D. Hamilton Society

John D. Hamilton headshotThe John D. Hamilton Society was created in 1995 and named after long-time friend and trustee of the college John D. Hamilton. Mr. Hamilton was among the devoted community leaders who worked diligently to see Jamestown Community College chartered in 1950 as the first community college in the State University of New York. In 1954 he was appointed to the JCC Board of Trustees by Governor Thomas E. Dewey. He served in various leadership roles on the board of trustees and in 1969 served as acting president for the academic year. During the next several years, he played a significant role in the growth and development of the college. In recognition of his many years of support and dedication to the college, the JCC Collegiate Center was renamed the John D. Hamilton Collegiate Center in 1983. In September 1991, Mr. Hamilton resigned from the board of trustees, and later that fall, JCC honored him by naming John D. Hamilton the first trustee emeritus.  
 
John D. Hamilton Award Recipients
  • 1995 - John D. Hamilton
  • 1996 - Charles H. Price, Esq.
  • 1997 - Dr. Robert Hagstrom
  • 1998 - Sarita and Stanley Weeks
  • 1999 - Miles L. Lasser
  • 2000 - Robert C. Kochersberger
  • 2001 - Erick Laine and Ted Smith
  • 2002 - Lillian V. Ney
  • 2003 - Jim Snyder
  • 2004 - Allen Short
  • 2005 - Elizabeth S. Lenna Fairbank
  • 2006 - Louis A. Magnano
  • 2007 - George Bataitis & Ken and Lois Strickler
  • 2009 - James E. Stitt & Cutco Corporate College 
  • 2010 - JCC Board of Trustee Chairs from the past 60 years
  • 2011 – Thomas I. Flowers
  • 2012 - Patricia M. Phillips 
John D. Hamilton Society (Gifts of $250 or more)
  • Founder's Associate   $5,000+
  • Trustee's Associate   $2,000 - $4,999
  • President's Associate   $1,000 - $1,999
  • Director's Associate   $500 - $999
  • Dean's Associate   $250 - $499