$59/class or $299/series
Wednesdays, 8-9:30 a.m.
All classes will be held in the Dresser-Rand Training and Conference Center, room 101
January 28 & February 4 (#6463): Strategic Planning with Mr. Larry Sorokes
February 11 & 25 (#6464): Grant Writing with Mr. Larry Sorokes
March 4 & 11 (#6465): Building your Brand - Effective Marketing Techniques with Ms. Sharon Myers
March 18 & 25 (#6466): Building Boards and Volunteers with Ms. Karen Buchheit
April 1 & 8 (#6467): Fundraising Strategies with Ms. Karen Buchheit
Whether you are new to the non-profit world or a seasoned veteran, these classes can help you reignite your business and prevent stagnation. These courses are designed specifically to assist anyone involved in a non-profit organization or any other business.
Classes will help participants understand accounting records, grant applications, brand development through marketing and social media, volunteer participation, board formation, and creative fundraising techniques. Whether you run a non-profit or volunteer for one, these courses can help you improve the organization.
The instructors all have extensive experience in the non-profit sector and will share their knowledge in an interactive, open environment. Classroom interaction is a key resource for learning best practices from others. Call now to reserve your seat!
Advanced Manufacturing Training Opportunity
Do you or someone you know meet the eligibility requirements to participate in this Advanced Manufacturing Machinist training opportunity?
If you are a NYS resident for at least one year, in possession of your high school diploma or GED, and are long-term unemployed (20 weeks or more - need not be consecutive), you may be eligible for JCC’s program at no cost to you! (Original cost: $5,250)
This program covers all classroom tuition and materials costs, and focuses on the knowledge and hands-on training for employment as an entry level machinist.
- 33 weeks of hands-on training, beginning April 22, 2015, which is immediately applicable for an entry level machinist
- Training includes: Drafting, Machinist Math, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances, Computer Numerical Controls, and Machining Courses I & II
- An opportunity to earn up to 19 JCC college credits
- An opportunity to earn up to 55 hours of non-credit training coursework, which includes: OSHA 10 Hour Safety Certification, 15 hours of LEAN training, and 30 hours of Manufacturing Math Skills, all through JCC’s Center for Continuing Education
- Local manufacturer support, including tours of their facilities and their agreement to interview participants upon successful program completion
This training opportunity is brought to you by JCC in partnership with CABOCES, your local One Stop, and the Cattaraugus-Allegany Workforce Investment Board (WIB).
Learn more about this program, eligibility, and timeline, and ask any questions at our informational session hosted by JCC and the Cattaraugus One Stop on Thursday, March 5, 2015, 3-4 p.m. at the JCC Training and Conference Center at 260 North Union Street in Olean.
Reserve your spot at the informational session by calling the Cattaraugus One Stop at 716.373.1880, extension 223, by March 2, 2015. Walk-ins welcome.