Join us for these unique and personally enriching classes where you can thrive through participation and learn something new.
Our All About "U" Series focuses on unique classes that allow you to explore a wide range of subjects. Please see our full schedule for detailed descriptions and more information.
- Understanding Your Aura: October 22, W, 6-8 p.m., CARN 123, #5526, $29
- Advanced Auras: October 29, W, 6-8 p.m., CARN 123, #5527, $29
- Beautiful Faux Finishing: November 5, W, 6-9 p.m., ARSC 220, #5528, $43
From preparation to presentation: If you'd like to take your entertaining skills to a whole new level, then take this series of classes which encompass all aspects of the cooking process, from provisioning to the final touches that turn an everyday meal into a masterpiece. These classes will allow you to skillfully prepare food for an intimate gathering or the hungry hoards, and will give you tips on what and how to do as much as possible ahead of time. Anyone who registers for and attends all eight courses in the series will receive a $50 gift certificate good toward the cost of a future Continuing Education class.
Because food supplies need to be purchased for these classes, it’s greatly appreciated if you can register three days prior to a class start date. However, all registrants are welcome. Check the master schedule to see if you need to bring anything!
- Picture Perfect Presentation of Beef: October 30, TH, 6-9 p.m., CSCE 113/114, #5541, $39
- Picture Perfect Presentation of Poultry: November 13, TH, 6-9 p.m., CSCE 113/114, #5542, $39
- Decadent Desserts: November 20, TH, 6-9 p.m., CSCE 113/114, #5543, $39
- Swedish Just For Fun - Level 1: November 10-December 15, M, 6:30-8:30 p.m., CARN 120, #5484, $60
- Veterans' Book Project: October 29, W, 6-8:30 p.m., ARSC Weeks Gallery, #5569, $9
The Point/Insurance Reduction Program, offered through the National Traffic Safety Institute and approved by the Department of Motor Vehicles, offers participants a way to reduce driver record violation points and/or insurance premiums. Saturday and daytime classes have a 1/2 hour lunch on your own. Please bring your driver’s license to class. Classes are $35 and held in CARN 123 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Note: Students must arrive at this class promptly by 9 a.m. If you are late, you will not be admitted. We strictly adhere to this policy. This applies to every JCC location.
|Saturday, November 8||#5490|
|Saturday, December 6||#5491|