Financial habits can have a powerful impact on your future. You may be just starting your college career, or you may be making plans to transfer to a 4-year school. Maybe you are almost finished with your degree at JCC and looking for new employment to make the most of your education. Wherever you are in your journey, good money management skills can play an important part in your success. Decisions are like forks in the road, and poor financial choices can steer you away from your goals.
The JCC Financial Aid Office wants to see you reach your goals. When you call or stop by our office, search our website, or follow us on Facebook, you’ll find resources to help you stay on course to increase your financial knowledge and help you build practical money management skills.
|JCC has joined more than 550 colleges and universities across the U.S. to offer CashCourse, a free, unbiased and noncommercial financial education solution for students and recent graduates. CashCourse is available around the clock, 24/7. Check it out. We think you’ll learn something valuable.|
Financial Fitness Resources:
- The JCC Library offers a LibGuide for Quick information sources related to personal finance.
- SmartAboutMoney.org, from the nonprofit National Endowment for Financial Education, offers articles, resources, calculators, and tips like 40 Money Management Tips Every College Student Should Know
- Jump$tart, a national coalition of organizations, has resources to improve the financial literacy of pre-kindergarten through college-age youth.
- Mapping Your Future offers money management tools for students and families.
- Adventures In Education (AIE™) is dedicated to helping students and families achieve their higher education dreams.
- Find helpful financial information based on where you are in life, from the birth of a child to retirement, at www.mymoney.gov.
- If you want to get out of debt—or stay out of debt—and learn how to live below your means visit www.debtproofliving.com
- For information on loans and repayment visit www.finaid.org/loans and www.ibrinfo.org/about.vp.html.
- Financial Calculators are available at www.financialcalculators.com and www.finaid.org/calculators
- Free information for consumers (that’s all of us!): http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm