Students who have not attended another college and who are entering JCC for the first time should follow these steps:
- Apply online.
- Request high school guidance office to forward an official copy of the student's transcript to the admissions office.
- Home-schooled students must complete the necessary documentation indicating completion of secondary level education as defined by state (see below for additional information).
- Students possessing a recognized equivalent of a high school diploma, such as a general educational development or GED certificate must submit appropriate documentation.
- Students should visit JCC to acquaint themselves further with JCC’s programs and facilities. Personal interviews are optional, unless requested by the admissions office.
- Following notification of acceptance, students are informed of advisement and registration procedures that entering freshmen must complete prior to the start of classes.