Spend spring break 2017 in Costa Rica
Join us for this 3-credit hour course (BIO 2620) as we spend 10 days in exotic Costa Rica and Panama from March 15-25.
Here's what you will experience on the trip:
- Explore the flora and fauna of primary and secondary rainforests and snorkel over coral reefs teeming with life.
- Visit La Selva Biological Research Station, a tropical field laboratory operated by a consortium of universities from around the world.
- Travel to the unique cloud forest of Monteverde.
- Be serenaded to sleep by the sounds of tiny pink tink frogs only to be awakened the next morning by a chorus of howler monkeys outside your tent lodge!
- Watch as chestnut-mandibled toucans, huge blue Morpho butterflies and red-lorred parrots fly through the understory.
- Spend 2 days snorkeling in warm tropical Panamanian waters and see brightly-colored stoplight parrotfish, blue tangs, angelfish, fire coral, sea anemones, spotted eagle rays and various species of sponges. The biodiversity will astound you!
Download this informational handout to learn more.
Contact Bob Ratterman or Jan Bowman with questions.