Partner high schools enter into a contractual agreement with Jamestown Community College. Teachers interested in the program must meet the same credentialing standards as those who teach on campus and must complete a formal application process. Approved teachers will work closely with a JCC faculty liaison. Courses may be offered as fall, spring, or full-year options.
To find out how your high school can become a College Connections partner school, please contact the director of College Connections.
High School Benefits
- The opportunity to collaborate with university faculty to prepare students for college courses
- Collegial connections between high school and college instructors
- Program articulation between high school and college
- Response to community concerns for gifted education
- Reduced curricular redundancy
There are several advantages to earning JCC credits will still in high school, including:
- Tremendous financial savings
- A transition and gradual introduction to university study while remaining in a high school environment
- More scheduling flexibility when enrolling at a college or university
- Opportunities for enrichment experiences such as internships, travel abroad, or a second major or certification
- Earlier completion of general education requirements
- Possibility of early degree completion