How to participate in Scholars Day
Thank you for wanting to be a part of Jamestown Community College’s annual Scholars Day! In order to participate, you have to be a currently enrolled JCC student. You will also need to have a faculty member endorse your project.
|1. Apply||2. Make your poster|
Step 1: Apply
- Fill out an application and write a brief abstract for your project.
- After you’ve submitted your application, the Scholars Day Working Group will review it and let you know if your project has been accepted.
- If your application has been approved, you will make a poster to show your project and its conclusions.
Step 2: Make your poster
- Create your poster using the template, or create your own design. Make sure that it is made in PowerPoint and size is 42”x36” (horizontal or vertical format is accepted).
- All files will be converted to PDF before being printed. Your faculty sponsor must approve your poster for print.
|How to write an abstract|
An abstract is a brief summary of your work; share what you’re hoping to show or learn, and the steps you’re taking to get there. The purpose of the abstract is to define the precise subject of the poster to an audience.
The abstract should be no more than 350 words, and should not include tables or figures.
The abstract will be judged on:
|Tips on poster design|
How will my presentation be evaluated?
A poster is considered successful if it conveys a clear message to viewers. Faculty from the appropriate disciplines will evaluate Scholars Day posters and other presentations, and will select award winners based on whether it has:
Generally, a research poster provides:
Suggested layout and design format:
Frequent poster presentation mistakes: