Class visits: In-class presentations on learning center services and/or study skills topics are available on request. Contact Kaye Young, ext. 1252, at Main Street, or Beth Lisi, ext. 7545, at LACC.
Review sessions: Review sessions on selected topics as requested by the instructor can be arranged.
Testing: Administration of exams for students requiring disability related accommodations is provided in both locations. Main Street will also administer individual make-up exams for faculty who are unable to make other arrangements with students. LACC does not administer make-up exams.
If we are administering an exam for you please:
- Put your name on the test
- Include information about time limits, use of outside materials, and any other test conditions
- Let us know if you want the test returned to your mailbox, or if you will pick it up
Learning Modules and Tips for Success: Faculty can help students be successful by suggesting what learning strategies work best for specific subjects. You can complete a template about learning in your course and then post the information to Blackboard.
Consultation: We are available to discuss strategies that will help students effectively learn your course content. Feel free to talk with us about expectations for your students. One of the tutorial roles is to “translate for instructors.” The better we understand your expectations and assignments, the more we will be able to assist your students.
How Faculty Can Help Us:
- Refer students who are in need of academic assistance.
- Place on reserve in the learning center materials that will help students be successful in your class. (i.e. study guides, previous tests, sample papers)
- Obtain current textbooks for the learning center.
- Recommend students for tutoring positions.
- Schedule some of your office hours in the learning center.
- When you tutor students in your office, complete the Faculty Tutorial Log Sheet and return it to Main Street or LACC.
- Let us know if there are new services we may provide to help your students be successful.
Websites: Check the learning link page for a variety of study skills sites.