Study Skills/Learning Strategies
- http://www.usu.edu/arc/online_resources/library.cfm This web site includes an extensive menu of helpful links covering assessments, learning, lifestyle, memory, stress management, and wellness.
- www.howtostudy.org This web site offers a selection of study skills handouts including an excellent section on how to study nursing, biology, and physics.
- www.studygs.net This study guide and strategies site offers handouts and activities to improve learning. Recommended by LACC tutor
- www.arc.sbc.edu/study.html At this site, Sweet Briar College provides note taking, reading, test preparation, and test taking skills. Related links are featured.
- http://www.sarc.sdes.ucf.edu/A variety of learning assistance tools are available at this site.
- http://www.ucc.vt.edu/stdysk/stdyhlp.html This Virginia Tech site gives students access to online study skills workshops on a variety of study skills topics.
- http://maclife.mcmaster.ca/academicskills/online_resources.cfm McMaster University presents academic skills videos on numerous study skills topics.
Everything you need to know about organizing, writing, and documenting assignments can be found at these websites:
Note: Please use the JCC Short Guides and instructor-recommended handbooks for MLA and APA style documentation.
Also check out these helpful writing tips from the learning center!
Math and Science
- www.coolmath.com For people of all ages, this site reviews math concepts through algebra.
- www.math.com All levels of math assistance available at this site.
- http://www.studyguidezone.com/resource_tips.htm Check out the section on Science and Technology which offers suggestions for reading a science textbook, understanding the scientific method, and tips on how to write a lab report.
- www.khanacademy.org/ This website provides video tutorials for math and science.
- http://www.medi-smart.com/study-tips.htm First hand tips from former students on how to be a successful nursing student.